It seems like now is the time when people are starting to think about what school to choose to do their MBA. While I don’t have a tried & true formula that guarantees the perfect choice, I can tell you a little bit about why I chose Rotman and provide some tips in choosing a school for you. (Can you tell I like lists? All my recent posts have been lists…)
- The Morning MBA program – there wasn’t another option like this in Toronto. I knew that mornings would be best for me so this feature alone helped me select the right school.
- Reputation – let’s face it: Rotman is an excellent school. I don’t think I need to sell you on this. BusinessWeek provides a nice virtual tour & overview of Rotman.
Honestly, those were the only two points for me! Rotman was my first choice and I am very happy with the education that I am receiving here.
For those of you trying to figure out what school to go to, here are some things to do to help you in your research:
- attend an information session – these usually provide a good overview of the school & the application process including key dates.
- sit in on a class – as soon as I sat in on a morning class at Rotman, I knew that this was the place for me
- chat with current students – Rotman has ambassadors that represent the school to prospective students. It was helpful for me to chat with a current student and find out what it’s really like to study at Rotman.
- read a student blog 🙂 – of course I’m biased but this is a great way to follow students on their journey and get the inside scoop on life as an MBA student
Let me know if you have any questions that I can answer for you!